CENTRAL JAPAN + GASSHO VILLAGE ~ WINTER(DEC-MAR)
7 Days 5 Night
Visit UNESCO World Heritage Gassho Village / Enjoy Japan famous hot spring at Takayama / Visit Kenrokuen - One of the "three most beautiful landscape gardens" in Japan / Experience how to make a sample food wax product for your own at Sample Food Wax factory.
SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT - NAGOYA AIRPORT (MOB)
NAGOYA - GUJO - TAKAYAMA (L/D)
• Sample Food Wax Factory – Experience how to make a sample food wax product, such as Desserts and Tempura. • The San Machi-Suji (Takayama Old Town), once flourished by unique merchant houses with lattice windows along the merchant street, canals running under the eaves, sake breweries with white earthen walls and long-established stores still retain the atmosphere of the Edo houses.
TAKAYAMA - GASSHO VILLAGE - KANAZAWA (B/L/D)
• Miyagawa Morning Market is one of the biggest morning markets in Japan. Most stands sell local crafts, snacks and farm products such as vegetables, pickles and flowers. • The World Heritage Dec 1995 ~ Shirakawa Gassho Village Listed in UNESCO World Heritage sites, is well known for clusters of steep thatched roof houses. The architectural style is called Gassho; it looks like two palms folded together in prayer, an action referred to as “gassho” in Japanese. There are 59 houses and 53 attached building, and there is one house built in mid-1800 and later relocated here to escape being submerged behind a dam. • Kenrokuen ~ is justifiably classified as one of Japan's "three most beautiful landscape gardens". • Kanazawa Castle ~ is a large, well-restored castle in Kanazawa.
KANAZAWA - HOTAKASO – MATSUMOTO (B/L/D)
• Shin-Hotaka Ropeway ~ The first double decker ropeway in Japan. It also offers excellent view of Northern Japanese Alps. (Subject to Weather Condition) • The Daiõ Wasabi Farm lies in the peaceful outskirts of Hotaka town and is recognized as the largest such farm in Japan. Visitors can try traditional staples such as wasabi soba and wasabi tempura, to the slightly less conventional likes of wasabi ice-cream and wasabi wine - surprisingly delicious, despite their rather strange sounding taste! • Matsumoto Castle is one of the most complete and beautiful among Japan's original castles. It is a castle built on plains rather than on a hill or mountain. Matsumoto Castle is unique for having both a secondary donjon and a turret adjoined to its main keep. The castle structures, in combination with their characteristic black wainscoting, give off an air of grandeur and poise.
MATSUMOTO – KARUIZAWA – HIGH SPEED TRAIN - TOKYO (B/L/D)
• A newer addition to Karuizawa's shopping attractions, the Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza is an outlet mall for popular brands, outdoor goods, sportswear and trendy items. The mall's pleasant surroundings make it a lovely destination for a walk even if shopping is not on your agenda. There are also a few dining establishments here, which usually operate until later than the shops. • Experience High speed train to Tokyo!
FREE & EASY AT TOKYO (B/-/-)
• Set your own morning call today! Explore Japan's capital and the world's most popular city at your leisure. You might want to spend your day in Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea with your family. Check out the ticket price with our friendly consultant. • No idea where to go? Don’t worry, follow our Japan Tour Manager for a half day walking tour using the 1-day Tokyo subway pass.